The 4th International Patient Congress on Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency is being held in Barcelona on the weekend of April 12th – 13th, 2013.
We are delighted to have a delegation of Irish Alphas and their families attending the conference and proceedings can be watched live here.
The objectives of the International Patient Congress and International Research Conference are to:
– Create global awareness of Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency.
– Bring together representatives of Alpha-1 organizations from around the world to discuss the impact and the status of Alpha-1 in each country and to identify unmet needs.
– Offer Alpha-1 researchers an opportunity to present their latest findings on Alpha-1 liver disease.
– To allow patients and researchers to meet.
– Encourage the creation of an International Working Group to continue joint action moving forward.
Representatives from the entire community – Alpha-1 organizations from many countries, Alphas and their families, healthcare professionals and industry – will meet in a joint session with leading Alpha-1 researchers on Friday afternoon, 12th April.